The Healthy Lifestyles Committee (HLS) is dedicated to promoting physical and mental health awareness among chapter members and the community it serves. HLS partners with local health initiatives on workshops and activities that encourage improved community health. Examples include:
- An annual blood drive for sickle cell patients
- An annual weight loss challenge for chapter members
- Monthly meetups to participate in organized fitness activities including aerobics, self-defense, and dance classes
- A wealth of healthy recipes including vegetarian, vegan and raw food options
- Monthly articles targeting various health concerns that disproportionately affect the African-American community such as diseases including HIV/AIDS, cancer, diabetes and hypertension.